Jan 12, 2015


Cristiano Ronaldo Wins FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014 | Photos





All stars were present in Zurich, Switzerland, to graze the colorful footballing event - the FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014 Awards - as Real Madrid FC and Portugal hit-man Cristiano Ronaldo bagged it again.

Cristiano Ronaldo wins FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014
Cristiano Ronaldo wins FIFA 2014 Ballon d'Or


Arsenal Legend Thierry Henry did the honours as he presented Cristiano Ronaldo with his 3rd Ballon d'Or award.

Henry slowly opened the envelope, slid out the piece of paper and announced the winner few moments ago as: 'Mr Cristiano Ronaldo'.

Cristiano Ronaldo wins FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014
Real Madrid and Portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo (left) walks after receiving from French former star player Thierry Henry

An emotional Ronaldo then went on to stage to receive the award.

He said:
"I can see my mother, my family. I would like to thank all those who voted for me. My coach, my fellow player, the President of my club.
"It's been an unforgettable year. To win this trophy, a trophy of this kind, is something unique and all I can say is I want to continue working as I have so far, trying to go on to more titles - individual and as a team - for my mother, my father who is up there looking at there any my son."
Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi at FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014
FIFA Ballon d'Or nominee Lionel Messi of Argentina and Barcelona stands with fellow nominee Cristiano Ronaldo
Manuel Neuer at FIFA Ballon d'Or 2014
Bayern Munich and Germany goalkeeper Manuel Neuer (left) and ceremony host British journalist Kate Abdo

Ronaldo continued.. 
"I want to get better as the days go by. I want to say to all the Portuguese that I never thought I could win this trophy on three different occasions. Of course it is something that is always with me, I want to become one of the greatest players of all time, and this requires a lot so I would like to thank you for all this evening."
This is Ronaldo's 2nd Ballon d'Or award in a row and his 3rd of all time. His closest rivals were Barcelona's Lionel Messi and Bayern Munich's Manuel Neuer.

Congrats Ron. Well deserved.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Get Latest Updates On Your Phone!!
Add Us On BBM: 7f0da2cd